Girls' Basketball Officials and Judges
BASKETBALL - Click links below for more information on each subject.
• Renewals are due July 1st. Renewal after July 1st will result in an additional $20.00 fee. Deadline for registrations and renewals are the last clinic date for each sport. No registrations will be accepted after the last clinic date in each sport.
• All officials must have MVP accounts with current email addresses. Communication will be done through email to the address you have used for your MVP account.
• Officials are not registered until fees have been received and processed by NDHSAA.
• Officials are not eligible to officiate until all fees are received and processed by NDHSAA.
• Any NONREGISTERED official who officiates an NDHSAA contest may be declared ineligible.
• Any official who uses tobacco at the site of the contest or consumes alcohol the day of and prior to a contest shall be suspended.
• Any out-of-state official, who officiates a contest in North Dakota and does not have reciprocity, may be declared ineligible.
CLINIC: ALL officials must complete the NDHSAA online rules clinic each year.
Completion of the online rules clinic within the clinic window is mandatory of head coaches and all officials. Officials and coaches may fulfill attendance requirements by attending any official rules clinic conducted by any of the state associations and having their attendance card sent to the NDHSAA office for credit.
NOTE: There are no make-up rules clinics! A school must pay $50 for non-completion of a rules clinic for head coach.
To take clinic: Log in to MVP - Click My Profile - Click Officials Registration - Click Online Basketball Rules Clinic
CLICK HERE to log in to MVP or set up an MVP account
Clinic Window: November 6 - 26, 2012
WORKSHOP: ALL officials must attend one officials’ workshop or camp each year. Each site may conduct a “Make-Up” workshop by arrangement with the supervisor. Officials must pay a $20 fee to the supervisor to attend. Click HERE for Workshop Schedule
CAMP: Beginning with the 2002-03 schoolyear, each basketball official must have officiated or have been a supervisor at a NDHSAA approved camp within the previous three years to be eligible to officiate region and state tournaments. Click HERE for Basketball Camp Schedule
EXAM: ALL basketball officials must take the online exam each year. Grading will be Pass/Fail. You must obtain 75% to pass.
Completion of the online exam within the exam window is mandatory of head coaches and all officials.
NOTE: There are no late exam windows! A school must pay $25 for non-completion of a exam for head coach.
CLICK HERE to access testing.
Testing window: December 4 - 10, 2012