North Dakota High School Activities Association
Board of Directors Meeting - NDHSAA Office
Board Agenda With Exec. Sec. Comments
September 17, 2013
September 17th Committee Meetings
8:30 a.m.—Realignment (Ham, Auch, Olson, Rinas)
8:30 a.m.—Media (Wiberg, Martin, Bertsch)
9:30 a.m.—Football (Roaldson, Ham, Rinas, Wiberg)
2:00 p.m.— Constitution & By-Laws (Hall, Baesler, Auch, Brannan, Bertsch)
- Call Meeting to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Financial Report
- Balance sheet, budget, savings/investments
- July 31, 2013
- Coop Dissolutions
- Coop Applications
- West Fargo and Oak Grove in girls’ hockey, 9-12, 2013-14, late fee
- Dickinson Public and Hope Christian in boys’ hockey, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Dickinson Public and Hope Christian in girls’ tennis, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Dickinson Public and Dickinson Trinity in speech, 9-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Wahpeton and Campbell-Tintah (MN) in gymnastics, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Shanley/Sullivan and Oak Grove in student congress, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Turtle Mountain CS and Ojibwa in boys’ basketball, 7-12, 2013-14, late fee
- Turtle Mountain CS and Ojibwa in girls’ basketball, 7-12, 2013-14, late fee
- Bishop Ryan and Nedrose in wrestling, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- New Town and Parshall in wrestling, 7-12, 2013-14, no fee
- Realignment Committee
- Kirk Ham, Committee Chair will provide a recommendation concerning Class B volleyball and basketball District/Region Realignment:
- Class B, Region 2 Proposal (10:30 audience)
- Supporting Sponsorship
- I will provide a proposed sponsorship agreement with the North Dakota Department of Transportation for Board consideration.
- Hardship Appeal (11:00 audience)
- Clarke Ranum, Supt. of schools at Des Lacs-Burlington High School has requested an audience with the Board to appeal a denial of a hardship waiver of the transfer rule.
- Constitution & By-Laws Committee Report
- Steve Hall will report on a future meeting of the Committee as well as a panel discussion at the October Administrators meeting.
- Football Committee Report
- Jim Roaldson will update the Board regarding results of the recent survey.
- NDOA Report
- The NDOA Board of Directors recently met and Matt Fetsch will provide a report, which will include recommendations for consideration. The Board will act on those recommendations at its November meeting. I will present the recommendations to the General Membership in October and ask for member input prior to Board action.
- Media Committee
- Jason Wiberg, Committee Chair will discuss potential changes in broadcast/internet stream rates for declined events as determined by the NFHS Network.
- Also presented for Board consideration will be policy manual changes that need to occur as a result of contractual language with the NFHS Network.
- Rooming List
- Board Correspondence
- Representative Reports
- This is an opportunity for Board members to create awareness to issues and concerns that may or may not be found on a future agenda.
- Executive Secretary’s Report
- Constitution & By-Laws Committee – NDCEL Conv.
- Same sport different season on-line rules
- NFHS Network update
- Concussion survey
- Next Meeting, Date and Time
- October 16, 2013—Bismarck
- October 17, 2013—General Membership Meeting