Applications Due for NDHSAA Executive Secretary Position
January 22, 2014 9:00 am - January 22, 2014 4:30 pm
Click HERE for a pdf of the Executive Secretary job opening and application process listed below.
North Dakota High School Activities Association
Executive Secretary Opening
The North Dakota High School Activities Association is seeking applications for the position of Executive Secretary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with member schools.
- Enforcing compliance with the NDHSAA Constitution and By-Laws by member schools.
- Implementing and enforcing policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Accounting for the funds of the NDHSAA to include preparing and monitoring the annual budget, maintaining Association resources and insuring sound fiscal practices.
- Maintaining the office and hiring assistants to conduct the Association’s affairs.
- Serving as a positive spokesperson for education based activities.
- Representing and advocating for the Association in the legislative process.
- Organizing and preparing for all Board and NDHSAA Committee meetings.
- Preparing and conducting correspondence on behalf of the Association.
- Developing and implementing short and long-range goals to meet Association needs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education shall include a minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- A background in athletics/activities that includes a successful coaching or administrative experience.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to project a positive image of the Association.
- Strong communication skills to include excellent public speaking, writing and listening abilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with administrators, coaches/directors, contest officials, parents and students.
- Computer competency required.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in previous positions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional judgment, tact and integrity.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and other related qualifications. A comprehensive benefit plan is also provided.
Application Process: Applicants shall submit:
- A letter of application indicating strengths that would qualify the individual for this position.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three references with contact information.
- Applications will be received until January 22, 2014.
- Applications will be screened January 26, 2014
- Interviews will be conducted February 4-5, 2014 in Valley City.
- Successful candidate will be approved at the March 21, 2014 meeting of the Board of Directors.
The North Dakota High School Activities Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Inquiries regarding the position can be directed to Todd Olson, President, NDHSAA Board of Directors. email@example.com (701) 446-1071
Complete applications should be sent to:
Sharon Prosby, Business Manager
350 2nd St NW
Valley City, ND 58072.