• Earlybird registration deadline: July 1st
• Renewal registrations submitted after July 1st will pay an additional $20.
• No registrations will be taken for sports after the date of the last rules clinic in that sport.
• All officials must have NDHSAA accounts with current email addresses. Communication will be done through email to the address you have used for your NDHSAA account.
• Officials are not registered until fees have been received and processed by NDHSAA.
• Officials are not eligible to officiate until all fees are received and processed by NDHSAA.
• Registration fees must be paid witihin 30 days of registration. After 30 days, registrations will be cancelled.
• Any NONREGISTERED official who officiates an NDHSAA contest may be declared ineligible.
• Any official who uses tobacco at the site of the contest or consumes alcohol the day of and prior to a contest shall be suspended.
• Any out-of-state official, who officiates a contest in North Dakota and does not have reciprocity, may be declared ineligible.
• North Dakota state law requires concussion management training every 2 years.
• NDHSAA Officials must complete all requirements for officials within their sport(s) each year.
• Non-completion of all requirements will result in a drop of a level of certification in that sport. Non-completion of all requirements two years in a row will result in a year of ineligibility in that sport.
• To register as an official through NDHSAA, you will need an NDHSAA account.
Sports, activities and officials are adminstrated through NDHSAA, the NDHSAA private website.
CLICK HERE to log in to NDHSAA or set up an NDHSAA account
CLINIC: ALL officials must complete the NDHSAA online rules clinic each year.
Completion of the online rules clinic within the clinic window is mandatory of head coaches and all officials. Officials and coaches may fulfill attendance requirements by attending any official rules clinic conducted by any of the state associations and having their attendance card sent to the NDHSAA office for credit.
NOTE: There are no make-up rules clinics! A school must pay $50 for non-completion of a rules clinic for head coach. Fines must be paid before teams may compete in post season play.
To take clinic: Log in to NDHSAA - Click Clinics - Click on the green button for appropriate Rules Clinic
Clinic window: August 4 - 25, 2014
WORKSHOP: ALL officials must attend one officials’ workshop each year Each site may conduct a “Make-Up” workshop by arrangement with the supervisor. Officials will have to pay a $20 fee to the supervisor to attend. CLICK HERE for Volleyball Workshop Schedule.
EXAM: ALL officials must take the online exam each year. Grading will be Pass/Fail. You must obtain 75% to pass.
Completion of the online exam within the exam window is mandatory of head coaches and all officials.
NOTE: There are no late exam windows! A school must pay $25 for non-completion of a exam for head coach.
The testing window is: September 2 - 8, 2014
All coaches must have NDHSAA approved roles as coach of their sport(s) before they will be able to access testing. All officials must be registered through NDHSAA to officiate and NDHSAA must have processed registration fees before any online exams may be taken. You must allow for mailing time.
For questions regarding volleyball, please contact Justin Fletschock, NDHSAA Assistant to the Executive Secretary.