North Dakota High
School Activities Association
Board of Directors Meeting
NDHSAA Office-Valley City
June 19-20, 2012
Agenda With Exec. Sec. Comments
June 19th Committee Meetings
8:00 a.m. - Fine Arts Committee (Ulland, Sanstead, Brannan, Martin)
8:00 a.m. - Finance Committee (Ham, Hall, Swiontek)
6:00 p.m. - Board Retirement Supper, City Lights,
June 20th Committee Meetings
7:30 a.m. - Constitution & By-Laws Committee (Hall, Sanstead, Auch, Brannan)
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes
4. Financial Report
c. Year-end projection
5. Coop Dissolutions
i. District Assignment (7)
6. Coop Applications
7. Executive Board Report
Dr. Swiontek will report to the Board regarding
assessed penalties for rule violations.
8. Tournament Sites (audience)
a. West Region WR and VB
i. Audience with West Region AD
b. Class B Boys’ and Girls’ Golf, Region and State
Class B Track Regions
On the first page of the Athletic Review grid, you will
see the four recommendations requiring Board consideration.
10. Athletic Review
a. Attached are the coaches advisory minutes and the voting grid. Staff members will officially present the minutes and discuss items presented by the coaches.
11. Fine Arts Review/Committee
a. Committee Chair Scott Ulland and staff member Brian Bubach will present the items as recommended by Fine Arts Advisory.
A report of discussion regarding the Carrington letter
expressing concerns with NFL
12. 2012-13 Technology Plan
a. The proposed 2012-13 Technology Plan is included in the proposed budget. Staff member Brenda Schell will present the proposed plan. Board approval is essential before administering the plan.
13. Coaches Education
The final draft of coaches education will be presented
to the Board for consideration.
a. This item was tabled at the last meeting. This involves the establishment of a declaration date for Class B Baseball.
15. 2012-13, Board Organization
The Board will determine next year’s President and Vice
- Dakota Bowl Schedule
- We met with Jim Sande, representative NBC North Dakota Sports, to discuss the one-day Dakota Bowl schedule. Attached is the schedule as determined by television.
- Central Valley/Hillsboro HS Appeal
- Attached is a letter from Randy Vigen, Central Valley High School AD and Terry Baesler, Hillsboro AD requesting the Board to consider an appeal of the April 16th Board decision regarding football.
- Central Valley/Hillsboro HS Request
is a letter from the two high schools requesting the Board to approve a
change on the coop application form that would allow schools to coop
sub-varsity in grades 9-12.
- Warwick HS Request
- Attached is a letter from Warwick High School requesting the Board to allow a girls’ basketball player to continue to play for the coop with Four Winds/Minnewaukan even though Warwick would like to be removed from the coop and play a JV Schedule.
- NDHSAA Foundation (3:00)
Auch has requested this item to be placed on the agenda. Kevin Dvorak
from the North Dakota Community Foundation will make a presentation to
- Alexander HS Request
- Attached is a letter from Alexander HS requesting a home school from another district to be eligible to compete for Alexander HS.
- Manager Fees
year when it was agreed to combine A and B Softball, the tournament
manager’s fee was not adjusted from the present fee of $500. I would recommend the Board consider
and approve a manager’s fee of $800 retroactive to this year.
a. The proposed budget will be presented for Board approval
c. Health insurance---Carlsrud
Attached is documentation requesting a waiver of
Article XIV, Section III, Part a of the By-Laws.
25. Strategic Plan (9:00 audience)
a. Marv Erhardt has requested one to one and a half hours to meet with the Board and finalize the strategic plan.
26. Farmers Union Insurance (10:30 audience)
Mark Anderson and Kevin Ressler from Farmers Union
Insurance will be at the meeting to make a presentation to the Board.
a. Steve Hall will report on the Committee discussion regarding:
i. Junior high enrollments less than 50
ii. Academic eligibility
29. Rooming List
30. Board Correspondence
31. Representative Reports
Here is opportunity for Board members to create and
awareness to issues and concerns that may or may not be found on a future
32. Executive Secretary’s Report
a. concussion report
33. Next Meeting, Date and Time
August 2, Valley City Office