Cheerleading Coach Requirements/Regulations
NDHSAA recognition of cheerleading pertains to safety in stunting only. This is in agreement with certification which is coordinated by the North Dakota Cheer Coaches Association.
When designated as a cheer team coach, that coach must be the bona-fide coach of said cheer team. The coach must attend and run all team practices and assume full responsibility for that particular cheer team. They must be listed by their school as that specific team’s coach. In order to be a certified cheer coach in North Dakota, the following steps must be followed:
*Coach must take and pass the ASEP Sport First Aid course and ND-developed hands-on stunting class.
*Proof of passing the ASEP course with your name included must be mailed to the NDCCA certification official to be kept on file.
*If a coach has coached for 5 years, they must take an additional course BEFORE the start of their 6th year. Courses will be required at each 5 year increment.
*Proof of passing the National Federation CONCUSSION COURSE must be included when mailing certification form.
*Coach must complete that year’s SPIRIT RULES TEST which is found on www.northdakotacheer.com website.
* Cheerleaders of the coach desiring to be certified must annually attend an approved cheer camp held by a bona fide cheer company—in ND, that is UCA and NCA.
* The NDCCA update form needs to be completed annually, signed by both the cheer coach and an administrator of that school.
* The coach will also not be considered certified if any part of the form is not complete.
* The update form must be mailed to the NDCCA official before: September 1st for Fall sports; December 1st for Winter sports.
* Update forms received after the above dates will be assessed a $35 late fee. THE COACH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED CERTIFIED UNTIL THIS FEE IS PAID.
* The late fee penalty must be paid by October 1st for Fall, and January 2nd for Winter seasons. If fees are not received by these dates, that coaches teams would not be eligible for any NDCCA activities. (cheer competition, scholarships, NDCCA Senior Award, etc.)
* In a school that has different coaches for each cheer team, each of those teams must have a certified coach in order to stunt. That coach must be recognized by the school as that squad’s cheer coach. (for example, if girl’s basketball and boy’s basketball cheer coaches are different people, they each must be certified)
2013-2014 NDCCA - IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
JULY 11,2013- REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR JULY CERT. CLASS
($25 late fee imposed after this date)
JULY 24, 2013 COACHES DAY 8:30-2:00 Bismarck
SPIRIT RULES MEETING Bismarck High School 2:00 SPORT 1ST AID/STUNT CERTIFICATION CLASS(must pre-register)
3:30-9:00pm Bismarck HS
AUGUST 14, 2013 NDHSAA SPIRIT RULES CLINIC Minot HS 6pm CDT
AUGUST 23, 2013 REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR SEPT. CERTIFICATION CLASS DUE
($25 late fee imposed after this date)
SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 FALL COACHES STUNT CERTIFICATION FORM DUE
SEPTEMBER 7, 2013 SPORT 1ST AID/STUNT CERTIFICATION CLASS (must preregister)
Fargo Site TBA 8am-2pm
SPIRIT RULES MEETING NOON Fargo site TBA
OCTOBER 25, 2013 FALL COMPETITION REGISTRATION DUE
NOVEMBER 1, 2013 TEAM SCHOLAR AWARD APPLICATION FORM DUE
SENIOR AWARD APPLICATION DUE
NOVEMBER 16, 2013 NDDCA FALL CHEER COMPETITION- FARGO SOUTH 11am
DECEMBER 1, 2013 WINTER COACH’S STUNT CERTIFICATION FORM DUE
MARCH 1, 2013 WINTER COMPETITION REGISTRATION DUE
MARCH 1, 2013 CHEER TEAM SCHOLAR APPLICATION FORM DUE
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM DUE
SENIOR AWARD APPLICATION FORMS DUE
MARCH 22, 2013 NDCCA WINTER CHEER COMPETITION- BISMARCK Site TBA
SPIRIT RULES TESTS WILL AGAIN BE DONE ONLINE. ALL CERTIFIED CHEER COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THIS TEST. NOTIFICATION WILL BE SENT OUT ONCE THE TEST IS AVAILABLE ONLINE (est. August) (certification forms for fall sports are due Sept. 1, but if the coach attends the Fargo rules meeting, they will be given until Sept. 15 to take the rules test—all other parts of the certification—form, fees, etc—still must be turned in by Sept. 1 to avoid late payment)