Girls Swimming and Diving Regulations
CLICK HERE for a printable pdf of Swimming (Girls' and Boys') Regulations:
2016-2017 Swimming (Girls’ and Boys') REGULATIONS:
New for 2016-17 – No new regulations for the 2016-17 swim season.
- Girls' season shall consist of 13 weeks.
- a. The starting date for practice and the first permissible meet is set by the Board.
- b. Teams are limited to 16 meets a season plus the State Championship Meet.
- c. The season shall end on the last day of the State Meet.
- Boys’ season shall consist of 14 weeks.
- The starting date for practice and the first permissible meet is set by the Board.
- Teams are limited to 16 competitions a season plus the State Championship Meet.
- The season shall end on the last day of the State Meet.
- Girls' and Boys’:
- There shall be at least 9 daily practice sessions prior to the date of the first meet. Individual participants must have participated in at least 9 daily practice sessions before being permitted to participate in an interscholastic contest.
- Qualifying times shall be 105% (girls) and 107% (boys) of the average of the 20th place times from the previous three state meets. After the initial adjustment, the change in the qualifying time shall be not more than 1% plus or minus the current qualifying time. Diving qualifying/consideration requirements shall remain as is.
- Divers shall qualify for the State Meet as follows:
- Girls’ Diving:
- 11 Dives - Qualification 275/Consideration 250; 6 Dives - No Qualification/Consideration 150 to fill to 32 divers
- Boys’ Diving:
- 11 Dives - Qualification 235/Consideration 220; 6 Dives - No Qualification/Consideration 135 to fill to 32 divers
- Girls’ Diving:
- 7th, 8th, or 9th grade students involved in swimming may compete at either the junior high or senior high level but cannot compete in more than 2 meets per week or a total of 16 meets in a school year.
- The junior high swimming season shall be no longer than the high school season and each school may set their own starting time.
- The whistle start will be used for all regular season and post-season meets.